Support The Culinary Trust, Make 2013 Most Impactful Year Ever
Dear IACP Members,
As the new Chair of IACP’s philanthropic foundation, The Culinary Trust, I want to share with you some of our accomplishments over the past year and thank each and every one of you for your continued support.
Questions I heard when I joined the board, that I suspect many of you have had, are how does The Culinary Trust raise funds, and what programs do those dollars support?
We raise money in several ways:
• When professionals join or renew their IACP membership, they can choose to add on a tax-deductible contribution to TCT.
• At conference, via Richard Sax Grant fundraising, our silent auction, special dinners and events.
• Through corporate and individual donors, including year-end giving that allows us to plan programming with confidence.
• And, from culinary schools and organizations that provide scholarships, internships and grants.
Your donations to The Culinary Trust have allowed us to:
• Award more than 25 culinary scholarships and internships in 2012, across the country and around the world in 2012.
• Fund a grant program and establish a leadership role with Chefs Move to Schools, an integral part of the White House's Let’s Move! initiative.
• Create 10 culinary heritage videos as part of our Stories About Food pilot.
• Support a full day of TCT programming at the 2012 conference In New York.
• Give $4,000 to Bed-Stuy Campaign Against Hunger in New York as part of the Richard Sax grant that supports an anti-hunger organization in the conference host city every year.
• Collaborate with the Food Policy, Food History and Kids in The Kitchen interest sections (check out a great 2012 Kids in the Kitchen webinar on iacp.com).
Most of the work of The Culinary Trust is done by board and committee members on a volunteer basis, with the common mission of giving culinary professionals the tools and opportunities to understand and act on critical issues in the world of food. We have two important goals for 2013: Grow our programs, and engage even more IACP members to advance our good work.
There are several ways to get involved right now:
• Consider a tax-deductible donation before year end – Give now by clicking here.
Donations of $40 or more qualify for a free copy of the Cookbook Lover’s Cookbook, a recipe collection compiled specially for The Culinary Trust by Roger Smith Cookbook Conference participants.
• Volunteer with TCT – help with a special project or join a committee (such as the 2013 conference auction committee or scholarship review committee). Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
• “Like” our Facebook page, and follow us on Twitter.
• SHARE this blog post with your Facebook and Twitter friends.
The capacity to fulfill our mission is driven by IACP member support. Won't you join us?
Best wishes for a healthy and happy holiday season.
Ken Rubin, CCP
Board Chair, The Culinary Trust
P.S. Please don’t forget to make your donation before December 31