One of the first steps to CCP certification is preparing and filing your application. Learn all about this process here.
The CCP application provides a systematic method for claiming and documenting points associated with your educational and professional achievements and industry involvement. While 500 (out of a total 1,100) points are required to sit for the CCP Exam, one of the last stages in the certification process, it is prudent to include all culinary achievements whenever possible. We understand that supporting documentation can sometimes be difficult to obtain, but please attempt to provide documentation for all points that you claim. Credit for undocumented points is at the discretion of the CCP Committee.
Also keep in mind that your application and supporting materials are your only chance to present yourself to the committee. Although points are not awarded for presentation, the image you create may sway a close decision.
Please follow these instructions exactly.
- First read the entire application. Use the space provided on the application before using supplemental sheets.
- Your application and supporting documentation must be submitted in an electronic format to firstname.lastname@example.org, or faxed to (866) 358-2524 attn: CCP Certification.
- Make sure all of your contact information, including name and title, address, and phone number are clearly indicated in the email or cover sheet.
- Make your CCP payment online. Please note: your application will not be reviewed until you have made your full payment.
- Be sure to include supporting material which is absolutely pertinent to describing your activities.
- Be accurate and factual in every reply. Your information will be verified by the CCP Committee.
- Do not skimp on details. Wherever there is a question of accuracy (dates, for example) always qualify with "about" or "approximately," but use these qualifiers only when necessary.
- If you include information or an activity in one place in the supporting material, do not repeat it elsewhere.
- Supplemental material, such as books, reports, and videos, should be presented in summary form. For example, a title and contents page of a book, or a still from a video, are sufficient.
- Only typewritten or legibly printed forms will be accepted. Consider neatness and brevity when completing the application. Remember to present yourself as professionally as possible to the committee.
- Check and recheck all items on the application before signing and submitting.
- All applications/supporting matrial must be submitted electronically with the appropriate fee to:
Fax: (866) 358-2524 attn: CCP Certification
Please note: Scanning, emailing and faxing are the preferred methods of receipt for your CCP application. In the event you are unable to submit electronically, you may mail your materials to:
International Association of Culinary Professionals
IACP CCP Program, Attn. Shani Phelan
1221 Avenue of the Americas, 42nd floor
New York, NY USA 10020
Applications may be submitted at any time, but please allow 4 to 6 weeks for application review and qualification before scheduling your CCP Exam. Applications submitted by mail may experience longer processing times.
Contact the CCP Committee Chair or Shani Phelan at IACP Headquarters:
Phone: (646) 358-4957; (866) 358-4951